Green Clean Hospital approach aims to mitigate ill effects of environment on patients and staff and even hasten the recovery process through infection free ambience. Green cleaning is an interdisciplinary, systematic approach involving the selection and use of cleaning products as well as operational changes and building design. The compliance to this standard shall provide tangible economic benefits including the following:
1. Reduced hospital acquired infection and therefore reduced patient length of stay.
2. Efficient use of raw materials/resources
3. Efficient energy consumption
4. Improved process efficiency
5. Reduced waste management and disposal cost
6. Utilization of recoverable resource